My Photo Diary

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Three Wise Kids


I "posterized" this photo so the children's faces aren't viewable. This Photo was taken at "Recess Time"

Some of the best lessons I have learned come from children...

Lesson #1 Be honest with people you care about.


6 years old. Short. Chubby. Brown wavy hair. Big Brown Eyes. A Smile with two little teeth missing. I walk into his class Monday morning and he looks up at me and says "Mrs. K! What did you do to your hair. It looks bad. I don't like it. The hair in the front doesn't look good. I liked the old hair" Then he wrinkles his nose and makes a disgusted look.

Ok. I thought. Every adult I knew politely commented on my hair and told me how wonderful my bangs looked" and this 6 year old tells me rather boldly that it is a terrible hair cut.

Lesson #2 Don't be afraid to show your emotions.

8 years old. Lanky. Glasses that cover his face. Beautiful blue eyes. Looks like the "Mc Cain French fry kid". Very bright. But bored easily. A bit of a comedian. I am walking down the hall. My stiletto heels make a loud click clack sound as I walk. He is walking in front of me. The noise of my heels makes him turn around. I say "Hi Brett!" He looks at me, then out of the blue yells AAAAAAGH! And runs down the long corridor (yelling aaagh) until he is out of view and in his class. I decide to go to his class. I walk in. He sees me. Jumps a little and hides under his desk.

Am I really that scary??!

Lesson #3 It's the thought that counts

Age 6 and a half

Long curly wild hair. Big eyes. Smile that lights up her face. Dark skinned. Tiny. Energetic. Tomboy.

I am sitting in my office. There is a knock on my door. She walks in and is hiding something behind her back. She says "Mrs. K, Merry Christmas!" She hands me a crumpled up tissue paper that seems to have something in it. Open it! She exclaims. Deeply surprised I look down at the paper and start to unwrap her gift. She is now grinning ear to ear waiting for my reaction. As I unroll the paper I pick up the gift and hold it up. A Lip gloss Key Chain. "It's beautiful!" I exclaim. I was needing a key chain. I unscrew the lip gloss top and can't help but hold in a laugh.There was a little fingerprint in it. I put some on my lips. This is so yummy! And it feels so nice on my lips." Her face is now lit up with happiness. "My mom bought it for me. But I wanted you to have it."

That sweet thought made up for all those moments that I have felt like pulling my hair out.
----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home