My Photo Diary

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Vancouver Hit Hard with Snow


Okay! I have to rant and rave about the snow falling in Lower Mainland. I love snow. But literally Greater Vancouver falls apart when it snows! The city becomes chaotic and we have to deal with traffic jams, accidents, and vehicles falling into ditches. I learned that people abandoned their vehicles in the middle of the streets and walked because the roads were so bad. I bet that the rest of Canada is probably poking fun at Vancouverites and their incapability to deal with the white stuff. It's ridiculous. And very stressful. I am lucky that I work at an elementary school close to my home. I made it to work on time but it wouldn't have mattered because at our school there were over 100 students absent and only a handful of teachers who made it into work on time. I don't understand the city! They warn us of the snowfall. They tell us about the black ice! But they don't plow and sand the streets! And worst of it all I heard a rumour that White Rock sold all of their snow plows in the summer because they didn't think they needed them anymore! So none of the streets get plowed in White Rock unless the Surrey plows are finished with the main areas! Ridiculous!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home