My Photo Diary

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Janam


I first met Janam at my sister's mehndi party. What a beautiful name- Janam. She was so excited that she was getting "special flower girl" mehndi done I was compelled to take her picture. It meant so much to her to be a flower girl during my sisters wedding. That anytime I would ask Janam about the wedding day her smile would light up her face. You could see the excitement dance in her eyes. She was so happy. Shortly after the wedding Janam passed away. She died of cancer. Everytime I come across this picture I think of her that night happy and filled with excitement. I wish I had known her. She was blessed to have my sister in her life. Janam's family and friends were blessed to have Janam in their lives. She taught so many people in such a short life. She touched me- a perfect stranger. I felt a need to share this picture so that we are all reminded to live. Spend time with your family, don't be afraid to say what you feel and make time for people. My sister is a walking angel and she helped Janam and her family through a very tough time in their lives. We can all learn to give, love, and share a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home